Thursday, June 04, 2009

[migrawatch-public] [Fwd: Possible Immigration Round-ups in Watsonville]

Jenny,

I have not and usually if raids do happen, the Santa Cruz County network of immigration activists let us on the council know about them right away. I do know that the new head of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, who was named by President Obama, has decided to delay the continuation of additional ICE raids and is even asking to investigate ICE raids like the one that occurred in Bellingham, Washington that occurred with out authorization from Janet Napolitano herself.

http://fairimmigration.wordpress.com/tag/janet-napolitano/

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008787533_raid26m.html

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs069/1102291077361/archive/1102477351434.html

So I was under the impression that since the raid in February in Bellingham, Washinton that the ICE raids would be strictly reviewed and controlled under the new  Obama administration.

I will send this email to the Mayor, Antonio Rivas and to the Vice Mayor, Luis Alejo and they will be alerted to the possibility of possible ICE raids.

I will also send your email to other advocates of immigration reform who will want to know where the Watsonville City Council stand on these ICE raids.

Speaking for myself as a councilman, I am against these ICE raids and I am working for immigration reform. Most recently, I met with the Community Information Center for Migrant Assistance in Watsonville to see how we can strengthen the protections offered to the undocumented in Watsonville.

Thank you for this alert,

Manuel

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, Russell, Jenny <Jenny_Russell@pvusd.net> wrote:

From: Russell, Jenny <Jenny_Russell@pvusd.net>
Subject: Possible Immigration Round-ups
To: "bersamin, manuel" <bersamin95076@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 9:39 AM

Hi Manuel, have you heard anything about new wave of raids? Let us know. Jenny

________________________________________
From: Salazar, Casimira
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:25 AM
To: Sabbah, Faris
Cc: Russell, Jenny
Subject: Possible Immigration Round-ups

Hi Faris & Jenny,

Yesterday, Marisol was enquiring about current immigration deportations of field workers.  She said their community is talking about some that are happening in the Oxnard area and heard that they may be also occurring in Watsonville.

I told her about the “Sanctuary agreement”  the information that Mr. Bersamin gave us last September.  In any event, I told her I would ask our migrant staff to see if there is anything of that nature is actually occurring.  Please let me know if there is any news.

Thank you,

Casimira Salazar
Possible raids coming our way so please spread the word without trying to
cause panic among people. If you are interested in receiving Know Your
Rights pamphlets, you can send me an e-mail.
Ramiro

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jenny,

I have not and usually if raids do happen, the Santa Cruz County network
of immigration activists let us on the council know about them right away.
I do know that the new head of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, who
was named by President Obama, has decided to delay the continuation of
additional ICE raids and is even asking to investigate ICE raids like the
one that occurred in Bellingham, Washington that occurred with out
authorization from Janet Napolitano herself.

http://fairimmigration.wordpress.com/tag/janet-napolitano/

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008787533_raid26m.html

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs069/1102291077361/archive/1102477351434.html

So I was under the impression that since the raid in February in
Bellingham, Washinton that the ICE raids would be strictly reviewed and
controlled under the new  Obama administration.

I will send this email to the Mayor, Antonio Rivas and to the Vice Mayor,
Luis Alejo and they will be alerted to the possibility of possible ICE
raids.

I will also send your email to other advocates of immigration reform who
will want to know where the Watsonville City Council stand on these ICE
raids.

Speaking for myself as a councilman, I am against these ICE raids and I am
working for immigration reform. Most recently, I met with the Community
Information Center for Migrant Assistance in Watsonville to see how we can
strengthen the protections offered to the undocumented in Watsonville.

Thank you for this alert,

Manuel

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, Russell, Jenny <Jenny_Russell@pvusd.net> wrote:

From: Russell, Jenny <Jenny_Russell@pvusd.net>
Subject: Possible Immigration Round-ups
To: "bersamin, manuel" <bersamin95076@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 9:39 AM

Hi Manuel, have you heard anything about new wave of raids? Let us know.
Jenny

________________________________________
From: Salazar, Casimira
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:25 AM
To: Sabbah, Faris
Cc: Russell, Jenny
Subject: Possible Immigration Round-ups

Hi Faris & Jenny,

Yesterday, Marisol was enquiring about current immigration deportations of
field workers.  She said their community is talking about some that are
happening in the Oxnard area and heard that they may be also occurring in
Watsonville.

I told her about the “Sanctuary agreement”  the information that Mr.
Bersamin gave us last September.  In any event, I told her I would ask
our migrant staff to see if there is anything of that nature is actually
occurring.  Please let me know if there is any news.

Thank you,

Casimira Salazar


--
pimp the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home