Thursday, February 08, 2007

[migrawatch-public] ICE IN SEASIDE!

CSUMB MigraWatch, you need to step up. I didn't see any of you at last
Sunday's general MigraWatch meeting. The pinche migra is in Seaside
doing raids. Soon they're coming to Watsonville again. ARE WE READY? I
received this forward...

Immigration raids on homes are going on around the Bay Area. In Seaside,
last night, I learned that parents are being "detained" when they drop
their children off at school. This raises several questions:

1. How are these people being identified? What rights to our own privacy
are being violated to find them?

2. Where are they being detained? Could they being moved to Gitmo?

3. Along with the proposed National Identity cards, how are these
actions similar or dissimilar to what happened in the early days of
Hitler's Nazi Germany? First, "terrorists" are disappeared, then
"undocumented" how long until we get our pink triangles and stars of
David issued?

Attached is a bulletin and list of recommendations for dissemination
through the community. I have asked if it is available in Spanish but I
have not yet received that.

If you do not want this kind of information forwarded to you, please
respond to this email or give me a call at 236-0905 and I will make sure
to stop.

It is a challenging time and not a time for apathy,
Jan

_______________________________________________
Public_announce mailing list
Public_announce@migrawatch.org
http://migrawatch.org/mailman/listinfo/public_announce_migrawatch.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home